Tangible Personal Property
How It Works
- Please call us to discuss the type of tangible property, possible uses of your gift by Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology, and getting an appraisal
- You receive a charitable income-tax deduction for the full fair-market value of the property if the gift's use is related to Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology's exempt purposes
- If the use is unrelated to our exempt purposes or if it's understood that we will be selling the property, then the deduction is limited to your cost basis
- You receive a federal income-tax deduction for the fair-market value if the gift's use is related to Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology's charitable purposes
- You avoid capital-gain tax on long-term related-use property (Note: The top capital-gain tax rate on such assets is 28%.)
- You provide significant support for Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology without affecting your income
Special note: You should call or e-mail us to tell us of your intent with regards to the property, and we will be able to assist you with the details of the transfer.
REQUEST AN eBROCHURE
WHICH GIFT IS RIGHT FOR YOU?
Cora Griffin Grounds
Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology
© Pentera, Inc. Planned giving content. All rights reserved.